Before thinking of going under the knife, consider trying a natural hemorrhoid treatment.
Avoid the pain of having an expensive procedure that’ll take weeks to recover from. Here are some natural remedies that will help to relieve hemorrhoid pain, reduce inflammation and shrink hemorrhoids. ( also check out Hemorrhoid Free for Life here for more natural hemorrhoidal treatments. )
* Add 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper to 8 oz of water and drink this 2 to 3 times daily for about a week. It clears up hemorrhoids and you have less recurrence.
* Take some apple cider vinegar and apply it to the hemorrhoids and inside the rectum. This helps to ease the pain and shrink the size of the hemorrhoids.
* Use calendula oil to speed up the healing process. Take 1 cup of fresh calendula petals and 2 cups of olive oil or a little more than enough to cover the petals. Then let it sit in a sunny window for two weeks. Apply it as a topical ointment.
* Boil two garlic cloves in two cups of water until they become soft. Situate yourself above the pot for fifteen minutes. It helps to stop the pain and shrink the hemorrhoids.
* Melt some Vicks VapoRub. Add 1 cake of Camphor and stir it until it is completely mixed with the Vicks. Apply 3-4 times per day to hemorrhoids that are inside and out for about a week.
* Peel a small clove of garlic, prick it with a knife a few times and insert it into the rectum. It immediately kills the pain and itching. It also helps to speed the healing process.
* Boil three banana peels in 2 cups of water. Simmer until half of the water is gone. Add sugar to enhance the flavor. Drink this for 2-3 days until the hemorrhoids are gone.
* Brew a cup of Butcher’s Broom tea to help treat inflammation. You can add honey or stevia to sweeten the tea. It is also available in a pill form.
* Apply chamomile as a topical ointment to the affected area. It helps to reduce inflammation.
* Try some horse chestnut tea or pills to help relieve hemorrhoid pain and inflammation.
* Apply witch hazel ointment directly on the hemorrhoid to relieve swelling, itching and discomfort.